You now have a new boys'
team. Now what?
- Contact USAG Member Services and make sure your club is registered. If
your club already has a girls' program, you might already be registered.
There are two types of membership. The first is a Club Member.
This membership has a fee attached, but there are many associated benefits.
On the web at:
click here The second membership is called a Non-Member Club
and will provide your club with a competition number so that your boys can
enter into sanctioned competitions. This membership is free. You must
call for this membership at: 800-345-4719.
- Become a USAG Men's Professional Member. There are three parts to
becoming a Professional Member. 1) Membership Registration.
click here 2) USAG Background Check
click here and 3) Safety Certification
- Make sure to register your athletes.
Click here They must have an athlete number to compete in Sanctioned
- Information on the Regional Level can be found at
www.region3men.org. Make sure
you bookmark this website. Almost all State, Regional and National
Meet information will be posted on this site. Nothing is ever mailed.
- The Region III Director is Gil Elsass. Email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at 5000 Fairview
Drive, Austin, Tx 78731
- If you are hosting a meet, you should contact Gil to have your
sanctioned event posted on the Region Website.
- State Information can be found at
www.region3men.org and then clicking the tab for your state on the left.
- Contact your State Chairman and give them any address and contact
Within your organization
- Organize your team member's parents. Whether you create a loose or
a strong group, it is good to meet with the parents of your team members
several times a year to keep them posted on the team's progress and future
- Using the Region III Website at
www.region3men.org , make a list of the competitions that you would like
to attend and contact each of the meet directors to make sure you are either
on the mailing list or have the correct web addresses to get the information
to enter your boys into the competitions. Do not assume that you
will just begin to get meet information because you now are coaching boys.
- Now, put down your computer mouse and go coach your boys.